Witnesses are the backbone of our STEEM. Without good witnesses, everything would fall apart. They are our politicians as they decide what rules get implemented and what don't(done as accepting/rejecting hardforks). We vote them into power. Those with more SP make more of a difference with their vote. But every vote matters. Your 100 SP might be the deciding factor on wether a witness gets moved up a rank or not.
Now HF20 caused a lot of people to look at who they were voting for and especially me. I decided that there were some questions that I would like to have answered by our lovely witnesses before I decided to recast my votes. I compiled a list of a few questions that I would like to get the answer to. Not all are from me, I asked around for some things that others wanted to know as well. Some are pretty easy and can be verified while others are witnesses opinions that I want to understand. I'm going to be using the responses to this to see who I want to vote for and hope that others use the information to make their own decision as well.
1. Why did you decide to become a witness?
2. Have you made any contributions that have been accepted into the STEEM codebase? If so, what was it?
3. HF20 started out with a ton of bugs. What do you plan on doing in order to make sure that we don't suffer a repeat of that?Idea from @steemitqa.
4. What have you done to promote the STEEM blockchain outside of the blockchain itself?
5. Communities have become a very big thing in the STEEM ecosystem recently. Have you done anything to promote communities and help them out?
6. Do you understand enough of the STEEM codebase and C++ to be able to tell what changes are being made when they are committed?
7. Have you developed anything for STEEM? It doesn't need to be software, a community that utilizes STEEM counts too.
8. Communication was a major problem for STEEMIT INC. Many people want the public to be able to read whats happening in the private witness channel that STEEMIT INC has created. What do you think about that?
9. STEEMIT INC has done a major part of the development for the STEEM blockchain. Who should be doing more of the development for the blockchain, them or the witnesses? Or is it a shared responsibility where the witnesses do one part and STEEMIT INC does the rest?
10. Why do you deserver to become the top witness?
No matter your rank of witness, I want to hear your answer. You might be the person that I've been looking for and I agree with. Thank to all those who answer.