I have been very busy this week promoting the platform (mostly I prefer students) because when I'm introducing Steemit to them, it feels like I am giving opportunities. An opportunity to earn from your ideas and at the same time scrolling like social media where content is the brand of the platform. With pure content and mostly original, I truly believe this is one of the best sites students should engage - with monetary rewards.
In case you missed my Steemit promotion a couple of days ago, feel free to smash the links below.
Rewarding Basketball Steemians #2 | Thank you for Participating the Steemit Basketball League Week 2!
Sharing the True Essence and Nature of the Platform
Over the past months (almost a year) of scrolling and promoting the platform, I had realized that most of the people we invited failed to understand the platform. I did some investigations as to why they're leaving a platform that pays its users and I realized very important thing :
- Where does the money come from?
- What are Steems and Steem Dollars? (which I explained this thoroughly before)
- What are cryptocurrencies and it's relation to Steemit (this)
- Bitcoin is a scam (series of reports here in our country saying that Bitcoin is a scam)
That's It and it's a Challenge for me as the Speaker
So what I did is, I included explaining what are Cryptocurrencies and how efficient it is to solve some of the major problems in our country. Also, I explained their misconceptions about Bitcoin thinking it's a scam. We've been earnings bitcoins thru Steemit and we enjoyed it's price fluctuations taking advantage of it's dip and rise.
Then I explained how Steemit related/uses the blockchain technology to produce cryptocurrencies called Steem and Steem Dollars. They have fully understood that what we receive in Steemit are cryptocurrencies and not direct pennies.
The Steemit Topics that I Covered
In order for them to take a grasp of the platform, I explained the important topics that needs to be discussed. These are the topics I covered :
- What is Steemit and How it functions
- How do we Earn?/Why do we Earn?
- What are Steem | Steem Dollars | Steem Power?
- What are the Rules in Steemit?
- Steemit Markdown Techniques
- The Use of Steemit Tags
- Important Techniques and Tips to Succeed in Steemit
- Reward Payout Computation
- Steem Power vs Voting Power
- Steps in Withdrawal of Earnings