Here's an idea:
A video streaming website powered by Steem where the audience votes on what is worthy of being streamed in real time.
1st Game Type (Random Stream Roulette):
- Contestants pay a small fee to enter the roster (upvotes are accepted if they meet the fee threshold).
- A stream is randomly chosen to be displayed to the entire viewing audience first.
- Streams are given a minimum of 1 minute of airtime and upvotes received translate into the amount of time the stream is displayed to the audience.
- For example $1 in upvotes could equal 1 minute in streaming time, so if the first stream received $5 in upvotes, it would continue to be shown to the audience for 6 minutes in total.
- When the time is over another stream from the roster is chosen and the process starts again.
- Any streams down voted back to $0.00 will be immediately cut from the air and another random stream will take its place.
2nd Game Type (Stream Battles)
- Streams start off in the order they join the game.
- Two streams are displayed side by side. (#1 vs. #2)
- The audience upvotes the side they want to see continue and can downvote the side they want to be replaced by the next stream in line.
- Upvotes are tallied every minute and the winner's stream continues while the loser's is replaced.
- I remember a site doing something similar about 6 years ago only with fiat involved and not cryptocurrency. ( I'm going to ask my friend what it was called and I'll edit this when I find out. If anyone knows before he gets back to me mention it in the comments for an upvote :D )
Edit: The name of the site is https://www.battlecam.com/ and is still around.
So what do you think? Could this be an interesting and popular app to build on top of the amazing Steem blockchain? I think so, and if anyone wants to build it let me know!