Binance Highlights: September 15 — October 14, 2018
We’ve had plenty of new developments this month, including major events (like Binance Uganda’s impending launch), multiple meetups, and new developments across the different divisions of Binance.
- Paxos Standard (PAX) — Binance recently opened deposits for PAX, as well as trading pairs with BNB, BTC, ETH, and USDT.
- Ravencoin (RVN) — Binance opened trading for RVN/BNB and RVN/BTC trading pairs.
- These new listings bring the total number of projects available for trading on Binance to 146 (after delisting four digital assets during the period), with 372 total trading pairs.
Web Interface Updates
- We have optimized the navigation banner on Binance’s interface for the Web (see below). With the new design, you can go to the websites for the different units of the Binance ecosystem.
- We have revamped our Careers page. Click “Join us” on the upper right part of the website to see the new and improved page.
- On the security side, we have strengthened verification processes on our corporate accounts, using Jumio’s know-your-customer services. To apply for a corporate account, follow our guide here.
- Also, we are now using facial recognition technology as an additional feature for identification purposes in unblocking accounts.
- We recently updated Binance’s PC platform to Version 1.6.0. This update features multiple time periods for Relative Strength Index (RSI) display.
- The iOS Binance app has returned to the App Store! If you have an iPhone, download it now.
- We have also added an “Order Filter” feature in the Order History part of our app.
- Binance Uganda, the new fiat-to-crypto exchange, has started full registration, with deposits/withdrawals and trading coming soon.
- Binance announced that it will make all listing fees transparent and donate 100% of them to charity, reflecting a change in our listing fee policy. Binance CEO and co-founder CZ also revealed details about his vision of a blockchain-powered charity ecosystem.
- Binance supported mainnet token swaps for CyberMiles (CMT) and Aion(AION).
- Binance completed the distribution of certain tokens for September. This includes NeoGas (GAS) for NEO holders, Ontology Gas (ONG) for Ontology (ONT) holders, and VTHO for VeChain (VET) holders.
- Binance Singapore fiat exchange has undergone invitation-only closed beta testing, as CZ himself confirmed.
- Binance Info has added 1058 in-depth cryptocurrency reviews from third-party sources and is working to add more.
- Binance Academy added 12 new educational videos.
- CZ was a distinguished guest and speaker at various cryptocurrency and blockchain events such as the Cumberland Summit, CoinDesk’s Consensus Singapore conference, and the Delta Summit in Malta (below).
- Binance Chief Growth Officer Ted Lin was a guest speaker at the World Knowledge Forum in South Korea. He delivered a presentation on Binance’s view of the evolution of cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Binance recently invested in TravelbyBit, the innovative Australian startup that makes it very easy for shops to accept crypto payments. This collaboration aims to spread crypto payments in airports worldwide.
- Binance Labs, the infrastructure impact fund of Binance, started October with several new moves, including the launch of their Incubation Program with eight top #BUIDLer teams.
- In addition, Binance Labs invested in blockchain content distribution solution Contentos and blockchain auditing startup CertiK, while also taking an advisory position at Oasis Startup Hub of Binance Labs-backed privacy-oriented blockchain company Oasis Labs.
- Blockchain Charity Foundation (BCF), Binance’s charity unit, signed a partnership with the United Nations Development Programme to support the application of blockchain technology for social good. BCF will donate US$ 1 million the UN 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- BCF also participated at the Delta Summit, where BCF head Helen Hai shared her experience and knowledge regarding the use of blockchain for social good.
- Several members of the Binance team were also featured in the press. South China Morning Post interviewed CZ in its article about Binance’s progress. Co-founder and marketing chief He Yi was on Forbes, while Ted was on Nugget’s Crypto Podcast. We also got some international coverage: Ted in Korean news and CFO Wei Zhou on Chinese media.
- Jeju Island, South Korea (September 15)
- Istanbul, Turkey (September 19)
- Guatemala City, Guatemala (September 22)
- Mexico City, Mexico (September 27)
- Berlin, Germany (September 29)
- Koln, Germany (October 1)
- Saigon, Vietnam (October 6 and 13, Coffee with Binance)
- Kunming, China (October 10)
Catch us in the next meetups:
- Genova, Italy (October 18)
Want us to bring a Binance Meetup to your city? Send us a tweet and we’ll see what we can do.
Thanks for reading!