Dear Steem Community,
Thank you for the support and feedback following our introductory post last week. Your kind comments have made us feel welcome on the Steem platform. Now we are now back with our second post announce run a small writing contest for everyone here.
We are aware that the Steem community is made up of not only of cryptocurrency enthusiasts and traders but also of ordinary people who are interested in the idea of being able to gain rewards for posting content on Steem. Because of this, we would like to host a small writing contest that is open to everyone. The theme is "Why Cryptocurrency Is Important to Me".
CoinGecko is one of the largest cryptocurrency data aggregators, tracking more than 2,800 coins listed on more than 200 cryptocurrency exchanges. This is indeed a lot of coins and each of you might like a different coin for reasons that are unique to yourself.
We would like to hear your perspective on why a particular cryptocurrency (or cryptocurrencies in general) is important to you. How have cryptocurrencies have changed your life? How have they become useful in your day-to-day activities? Do you think cryptocurrencies will play a role in your life in the future? These are just some questions that you may use to craft a post for this contest. However, feel free to show us, in any way you like,how cryptocurrencies are important to you!
How to Participate & Qualify
- Follow @coingecko on Steemit
- In your submission, make sure your title contains the phrase "Why Cryptocurrency Is Important to Me"
- Tag your submission with the following: #coingeckowritingcontest #coingecko
- Write an original story about why you personally believe that cryptocurrencies are important to you. It can include your own opinions, or stories about how cryptocurrencies (or a particular cryptocurrency) have helped you.
- Include the price of your favourite cryptocurrency as obtained from CoinGecko as of the time of writing. For easy navigation, post a screenshot with a reference source to the CoinGecko page.
- Add the following to the bottom of your post:
This post is a submission to CoinGecko's <a href="https://steemit.com/coingeckowritingcontest/@coingecko/coingecko-writing-contest-why-cryptocurrency-is-important-to-me">”Why Cryptocurrency Is Important to Me” Writing Contest</a>
- Post a link to your submission in the comment section below.
- Resteem this post (This is optional but will make it easier to find your post.)
- Ensure your post is at least 300 words long.
- Be original - the opinion and story are your own, after all.
- Avoid using negative language or bad mouthing anyone. We encourage positivity. There is no need to talk about "evil overlords".
- Use your own images or non-copyrighted images - Make sure you are licensed to use all the images in your post
- This contest will run for 7 days and will end on 16 October 2018 23:59 GMT.
- You can submit as many posts as you want, but only 1 post per Steemian will qualify to win.
- Winners will be announced in a Steemit post during the week of 22 October 2018.
This will be the first of many contests that we will be hosting regularly. We hope to see many submissions, and to read amazing stories and thought-provoking opinions from the Steem community. The prizes for this contest will be set as follows:
- Top 5 Posts - 5 Steem each
- Top 6-30 Posts - 3 Steem each
- Every eligible post will receive an upvote from @coingecko as a thank-you note for participation!
Depending on the number of submissions we receive, we may change the number of prizes. Because this is the first time we are running a contest for the Steem Community, we would like to gauge the response from all of you.
How Winners Are Determined
The CoinGecko team will read all your posts! We will pick the top 30 posts and decide the winners. There are no black and white rules on how we select the top 30 posts; it is entirely up to us. Our decisions are final. If we receive too many good submissions, we may give out more bonus prizes! ;)
With this contest, Steemians now have a writing prompt that will allow them to create content we can enjoy reading. We are excited to see what great stuff the Steem community can share with us!