During the classic Renaissance period, creatives, in combination with the entrepreneurial doers they associated with, played a key role to make incredible advances. But, how often, in the modern world—due to pressures such as the bottom line—have institutions completely missed such opportunity to benefit society. Recurrently, people lost the benefits that visionaries’ could have provided. And artists’ works only generated substantial earnings, long after the creatives themselves passed away?
Blockchain technology and decentralization provide a "Renaissance" like opportunity today. The Steemit platform has the potential to revolutionize how creativity and innovation serve the world for good. In harmony with our concepts here at State of the Arts, we seek to further harness Steemit's potential for all.
Without further adieu we introduce our March-Art Madness. On top of what Steemit already distributes for successful entry posts, we sweeten the pot with an additional $500 prize pool. We do this as an incentive to promote and build the community on Steemit as well as have a fun contest. For the external communities outside of Steemit, they learn of the potential here and they see what people are ACTUALLY accomplishing already.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- First of all, "like", comment, and resteem this post
- Then, with any form of art (video, performance, multimedia, photography, music, design, etc.) use the tag #stateofthearts, and simply attach your art to a comment below on this thread feed @stateofthearts. All submissions for the incentive will be chosen from art on #stateofthearts curation trail and attached below to this thread feed here at @stateofthearts.
Finally, in order to be considered for placing in the top ten, you MUST do the following during the month of March
- Share this post and talk about (promote) steemit and/or use your art (by doing something creative with it) to promote steemit on at least one form of social media (instagram/twitter/facebook/etsy/youtube etc)
- Then (at some point before deadline) post a "Reply" to your art below and provide a link showing you shared this post on at least one other social media platform
- Your substantive comments, up-votes, and activity on @stateofthearts won't hurt either
$500+ Prize Pool
Again, on top of what Steemit already offers, we sweeten the pot with an additional $500 into the prize pool! Also 50% of all Steem Dollars earned on all March-Art Madness posts this month will be added to the prize pool! (50% goes to steemcash, 50% to steempower for promotions). From that, here is the contest specific breakdown.
- 1st place $200 (+50% of those Steem Dollars)
- 2nd Place $100 (+25% of those Steem Dollars)
- 3-10th Place $25 (+25% of those Steem Dollars)
What Are We Looking For
- PROMOTE STEEMIT! Simple as that!
- Not required, but for bonus points, come up with a way to use your creativity within your artwork/performance/video/etc. to help promote steemit in some form!
We will be very active on the feed, be active as well! Comment on your fellow artists posts, be engaged, encourage and uplift the community. We as early adopters will create the greatest decentralized artist community on social media!
Winners will be announced at the end of March. We will feature, resteem, and upvote contestants all month long. Have fun and help art followers, creative communities, and entrepreneurial doers--people involved in every art form--learn about the power of Steemit! (video, performance, multimedia, photography, music, design, etc.).